Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oh yeah!

Hello world! This is blogging direct from the dark dreary depths of the optics lab! Incidentally, winter has hit Canberra and how! Last night I truly understood what that woolly mammoth (was it?!) felt when it was snap frozen during the last Ice-Age. I feel like I should dress in my best clothes lest a future civilization finds me, snap frozen, in all my jeans and t-shirt glory.
Of other goings on, the apprehension regarding the long weekend in Sydney was unnecessary since things went off rather grandly. The itinerary included a visit to the dinosaur exhibit at the national museum and it was very good indeed. I was awestruck by the size of the full scale dinosaur skeleton right in the middle of the large room and it wasn't even one of the larger dinosaurs and, by the scheme of things, a fairly 'new' one!
Besides that we danced, sang, ate, drank and generally made merry in each other's company. I think it would suffice to say that a great time was had by all. That's the beauty of a trip with old friends - they just fit!
I should conclude this post before my thoughts race out of my head - they seem to be doing this at an alarming rate lately.
Adios amigos - till next time!

1 comment:

'Tis a beautiful life! said...

i'm glad you had a good time..wish i was there :(