Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sing it with me boys n girls

The pre-post that I am putting up post the trip: I am amazed at my blogging frequency! The last time I blogged with such fervor was second year of PhD when I was not really liking where I was and what I was doing.
So the thought of opening a travel blog crossed my mind but such thoughts must not be entertained. Mostly because implementation calls for taking and uploading of photos and the like - an arduous task and one that I am not at all likely to complete. The reason for such thoughts was the tomorrow I visit Amsterdam. Ashanka of 'Spiritus Mundi' fame is here and we are going to take in the sights and sounds of Amsterdam this weekend. While there are several things on the agenda we both hope that we can pack everything worth seeing into one weekend and Ashanka wins the Facebook Photo load-off!

In true nomad style, the weekend was spent in Amsterdam with Ashanka. And even though I have the worst headache from not sleeping enough and the worst backache from lugging my bag around it was well worth it.
Booking were done very late in the day and the hotel held up, even though the location was not the best. The weather held off and it only drizzled instead of pouring. And, trooper that she is, Ashanka held up with full gusto in spite of a bout of illness. All in all a great time was had by us. Two girls, unleashed in the city!
The museums, canals, cafes and restaurants were well explored and we came back with several bags of goodies and a lifetime of memories.
In Brussels it is back to regular life and work with more weekends to look forward to.

No comments: